Industrial Internships for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Students
The Society of Chemical Industry (SCI), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and the American Chemical Society created the SCI Scholars Summer Internship Program to introduce chemistry and chemical engineering students to careers in the chemical industry.
Exceptional sophomores and juniors majoring in chemistry and chemical engineering can apply for a prestigious SCI Scholars summer internship. Students are selected based on the strength of their application, statement of interest in an industrial internship, and letters of recommendation. Approximately 30 scholars will be chosen for internship positions in the summer of 2019.
- $6,000–$10,000+ for a 10-12 week internship
- A certificate and an additional $1,000, which can be used for any purpose, such as participation at an ACS or AIChE meeting
- Scholars nominate a high school chemistry teacher for recognition. Teachers will be awarded a certificate from SCI and $1,000, which can be used for professional development or classroom materials
Visit the SCI America Facebook page to see how SCI scholars spend their summers.
Who Can Qualify?
- Current sophomores or juniors (check each listing for company preference)
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Chemistry or chemical engineering majors
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 (out of 4.0)
More information and link to apply? https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/education/students/college/experienceopp/scischolars.html