- WV STEM Scholarship: A scholarship available to qualified students interested in pursuing an education in engineering, science or technology. Up to $3000/year. For high school seniors and current college students! March 1 Deadline.
- Promise Scholarship: Receive up to $4,750 in annual awards to cover tuition and mandatory fees. March 1 Deadline!
- WV Higher Education Grant: This is a need-based financial aid program designed to ensure West Virginia students with financial need are given an opportunity to pursue post-secondary education. All you need to do is complete the FAFSA by April 15.
- Underwood Smith Teaching Scholars: The Underwood-Smith Teaching Scholars Program is a competitive scholarship for recent high school graduates with a passion for teaching and a history of high academic achievement, community service, and active involvement in extracurricular activities while in high school. Recipients will receive $10,000 per year for up to four years.
WVU Computational Physics: The CPHYS Scholarship is a scholarship program that provides up to $10,000 per year to physics students at West Virginia University. The scholarship may be awarded to high school seniors applying to WVU and to current physics students at WVU. https://physics.wvu.edu/students/undergraduate-students/financial-aid-and-scholarships/cphys-scholarship-description
WV STATE University Scholarship: The 1890 Scholarship Program provides scholarships to eligible students majoring in food, agriculture and natural resource-related degree programs, including applied Chemistry. https://www.wvstateu.edu/research/1890-scholarship-program.aspx
WVU Chemistry Scholarships: There are several scholarships. You can read about them and choose the scholarships in the application here: https://www.chemistry.wvu.edu/students/undergraduate-studies/chemistry-scholarships
NSF FUNDED S-STEM SCHOLARSHIPS:
These higher education institutions have been awarded NSF S-STEM grants to provide scholarships and more to STEM majors. Each of these scholarships has a different disciplinary focus– from life sciences, to engineering, and some have clear need-based criteria. Check them out!
- Marshall University: https://www.marshall.edu/cecs/nsf-s-stem/
- WVU-Tech- Supporting Undergraduate Scholar Cohorts to Prepare Career-Ready Engineering and Science Graduates. https://nsfs-stem.wvutech.edu
- WVU: Cybersecurity majors. For prospective and current students $5000/year: https://wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0ImZSW3g3FuZb5s
- University of Charleston: https://www.ucwv.edu/nsf-stem-scholarship/
- Shepherd University: for high school seniors enrolled at Shepherd or current college students. Up to $10,000/year! https://www.shepherd.edu/cme/cme-scholarships